This spectacular house was designed to be a grandkid magnet
- Location:Sited at the head of a coastal canyon in La Jolla, with spectacular ocean views.
- Program:Designed to be a grandkid magnet, with en suites for their parents. Client conveniences include an elevator, wine room and spa.
- Special Parameters:Strict California Coastal Commission drainage regulations due to canyon; designed on caissons for earthquake resistance.
- Features:Dorm room bunks with individual tv/game monitors; infinity-edge pool, spa, hiking trails to the beach – everything to attract the grandkids! Parents have private guest suites and clients have master suite at the quiet vortex of the canyon.
- Architect:Kit Leeger, Project Architect while working with Island Architects.
- Contractor:Smith Brothers Construction.